WSQ Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Beginners
This course is designed to teach what Artificial Intelligence (AI) is, and what its applications are. The learners will comprehend the basic AI-related terms such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, which will play a key role in the future of technology and science. This course aim to equip learners with practical skills and underlying knowledge and abilities of applying algorithmic and statistical knowledge to integrate Artificial Intelligence into project execution, manufacturing, engineering and maintenance processes.
Artificial Intelligence is the combination of several technologies, which allow software and machines to sense, understand, act and learn on their own or augment human activities. Through Artificial Intelligence, industrial production can achieve higher efficiency compared to human labour. Also, AI can enable robots to perform tasks that a person would not be able to do, for example, handling dangerous raw materials or microscopic components.
Artificial Intelligence brings rapid changes to all sectors of society and opens opportunities and needs for new solutions. To succeed in the competition, organizations and individuals need new technological skills as well as a clear understanding of the big picture of Artificial Intelligence. What is Artificial Intelligence, what are the current Artificial Intelligence technologies and how can they be developed and deployed.
At the end of the programme, learners will be able to:
- Identify AI applications through assessment of AI basics, data science and collaboration with technology service providers
- Deploy AI workflow according to mathematics, computing theories, machine learning techniques, applications, data management and software
- Implement, appraise and report AI application and data collection to enhance workflow processes
1. Introduction of Artificial Intelligence
- Industry 4.0
- Background and basics of AI
- Fundamental of statistics and programming
- Technology service providers
2. Deployment of AI workflow
- Mathematics and computing theories
- Machine learning techniques and applications
- Types of Machine Learning
- Types of Problem Solved using Machine Learning
- Common Machine Learning Algorithms
- Principles of data management
- Software development methodologies
- Machine Learning Process / Workflow
3. Implementation of AI application
- Types of AI applications
- AI implementation Procedures / Best Practices
- Challenges of AI Implementation
4. Hands-on-Practical Session
- Part 1: Using Azure Machine Learning Studio (classic) to Predict Flight Delay
- Part 2: Using Azure Machine Learning for Predicting Customer’s Loan Eligibility
This course adheres to the SSG Skills Framework <Artificial Intelligence Application-AER-TEM-3026-1.1 >. Trainees who attended at least 75% of the scheduled class, demonstrated competency in the WSQ assessment, and participated during the scheduled class will receive these two e-certificates with the aforementioned skills under the SSG Skills Framework.
*Course fees before GST
**Funding is subjected to approval
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses will be subject to GST at 8%. GST amount calculated will be based on full course fees.
It is recommended that participant meet the following:
- Minimum age requirement: 21 years old
- Able to speak, listen, write, and read English with Numeracy skills at a minimum proficiency level 4 of the Employability Skills System (i.e., Workplace Literacy and Numeracy, WPLN).
- Possess Secondary School educational level qualification (O or N-Level).
- At least 2 years relevant supervisory or managerial work experience.
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government- funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
3. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
4. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
5. When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
6. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
7. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.
8. SMF Centre for Corporate Learning Pte Ltd has a Data Protection Policy which provides more information about how we collect, use and disclose your personal data. Please click the link below to know more.
1. The candidate has the right to disagree with the assessment decision made by the assessor.
2. When giving feedback to the candidate, the assessor must check with the candidate if he agrees with the assessment outcome.
3. If the candidate agrees with the assessment outcome, the assessor & the candidate must sign the Assessment Summary Record.
4. If the candidate disagrees with the assessment outcome, he/she should not sign in the Assessment Summary Record.
5. If the candidate intends to appeal the decision, he/she should first discuss the matter with the assessor/assessment manager.
6. If the candidate is still not satisfied with the decision, the candidate must notify the assessor of the decision to appeal. The assessor will reflect the candidate’s intention in the Feedback Section of the Assessment Summary Record.
7. The assessor will notify the assessor manager about the candidate’s intention to lodge an appeal.
8. The candidate must lodge the appeal within 7 days, giving reasons for appeal together with the appeal fee of $108.00 (inclusive of 8% GST).
9. The assessor can help the candidate with writing and lodging the appeal.
10. The assessment manager will collect information from the candidate & assessor and give a final decision.
11. A record of the appeal and any subsequent actions and findings will be made.
12. An Assessment Appeal Panel will be formed to review and give a decision.
13. The outcome of the appeal will be made known to the candidate within 2 weeks from the date the appeal was lodged.
14. The decision of the Assessment Appeal Panel is final and no further appeal will be entertained.
15. Please click the link below to fill up the Candidates Appeal Form.