Effective Business Writing Skills (Online)
Can your teams consistently produce clear, concise and easy to read documents? Or does their writing sometimes lack focus and lead to miscommunication?
With this hands-on course, your teams will master the fundamentals of professional business writing. They will be able to effectively plan, structure and write a variety of documents that meet readers’ needs. Plus, they will know how to choose the right words and adjust their tone to make a strong impact, motivating key stakeholders to respond and take action.
At the end of the 2-days programme, participants will be able to:
- learn how to apply basic communication principles and communicate effectively via your writing.
- learn how to organize your thoughts and structure your messages to make your point as well as tips and techniques that will improve the style of your messages.
- discuss the common errors people make and what to look out for when drafting your piece of business correspondence and reports.
1.Introduction to Business Writing
2. Back to the Basics
3. Sharpening Your Business Writing
4. Basic Questioning Skills
5. Composing Clear Communication
6. Strengthening Your Memos, E-mail, Letter and Report Writing
7. The Writer’s Role on Social Media internally and externally
Who Should Attend?
Secretaries, administrators, clerical officers who want to write clear and impactful business correspondence
SMF Members: $560
Non SMF Members: $600
Course fees before GST
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
It is recommended that participant meet the following:
- Minimum age requirement: 21 years old.
- Able to speak, listen, write, and read English with Numeracy skills at a minimum proficiency level 2 of the Employability Skills System (i.e., Workplace Literacy and Numeracy, WPLN).
- Possess Secondary School educational level qualification (O or N-Level).
- Minimum knowledge of data analytics required.
- At least 2 years relevant PMET experience.
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
– At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
– Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
– No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
– Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
– Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
– Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, 1no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.
9. SMF Centre for Corporate Learning Pte Ltd has a Data Protection Policy which provides more information about how we collect, use and disclose your personal data. Please click the link below to know more.
1. The candidate has the right to disagree with the assessment decision made by the assessor.
2. When giving feedback to the candidate, the assessor must check with the candidate if he agrees with the assessment outcome.
3. If the candidate agrees with the assessment outcome, the assessor & the candidate must sign the Assessment Summary Record.
4. If the candidate disagrees with the assessment outcome, he/she should not sign in the Assessment Summary Record.
5. If the candidate intends to appeal the decision, he/she should first discuss the matter with the assessor/assessment manager.
6. If the candidate is still not satisfied with the decision, the candidate must notify the assessor of the decision to appeal. The assessor will reflect the candidate’s intention in the Feedback Section of the Assessment Summary Record.
7. The assessor will notify the assessor manager about the candidate’s intention to lodge an appeal.
8. The candidate must lodge the appeal within 7 days, giving reasons for appeal together with the appeal fee of $108.00 (inclusive of 8% GST).
9. The assessor can help the candidate with writing and lodging the appeal.
10. The assessment manager will collect information from the candidate & assessor and give a final decision.
11. A record of the appeal and any subsequent actions and findings will be made.
12. An Assessment Appeal Panel will be formed to review and give a decision.
13. The outcome of the appeal will be made known to the candidate within 2 weeks from the date the appeal was lodged.
14. The decision of the Assessment Appeal Panel is final and no further appeal will be entertained.
15. Please click the link below to fill up the Candidates Appeal Form.