High Emotional Intelligence (EQ) Leadership for Team Leaders & Managers (Online)
A leader with higher Emotional Intelligence can manage his or her own impulses better, communicate with others more effectively, manage change well, solve problems quickly, and use positive emotions to build rapport in tense situations.
These leaders also have empathy, remain optimistic even in the face of adversity, and are effective at educating and persuading their teams in their workplace to achieve better results.
When leaders are more emotionally intelligent, your company will witness vast improvement in performance, profitability and organization climate as a result of improvement in trust, teamwork, planning and decision making, motivation, energy
and drive, and interpersonal relationships.
In this experiential workshop, participants will be equipped with skills, knowledge and attributes to develop their Emotional Intelligence. As a result, their leadership capabilities, their level of self-awareness, and their level of empathy will be greatly
enhanced. Once they are back to their workplace, they will work collaboratively with their colleagues to achieve outstanding results.
Participants will take away useful techniques and strategies that are essential for transforming them into Emotionally Intelligent Leaders.
This is a highly engaging, intensive, experiential and dynamic workshop packed with learning activities, practical exercises, laughter, fun and experience sharing.
At the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
• Understand Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and why it is the foundation for effective leadership
• Appreciate why Emotional Intelligence matters in leadership
• Understand Leadership’s first commandment
• Gain insight into the messages of emotions and how to tap them to enhance leadership
• Use the three steps of the Six Seconds Model of EQ-in-Action
• Have greater self-awareness of their own and other people’s emotions and better handle them when interacting with your subordinates and dealing with their clients/customers
• Recognise emotional and behavioural patterns in you and in other people
• Manage your emotions and recover emotionally from difficult encounters
• Communicate effectively to build an atmosphere of mutual trust and commitment in your organization
• Practice leadership with a heart, a caring heart towards subordinates and clients/customers
• Appropriately combine right thoughts and emotions to resolve difficult situations with clients/customers or subordinates
• Become more intentional – do what you mean to do
• More mindful of the consequences of your thoughts and actions
• Engaging more of your intrinsic motivation
• Turn emotions into a source of positive energy and useful information
• Reframe your thinking to higher optimism
• Appropriately respond to other people’s emotions
• Practise empathy towards your subordinates and clients/customers to win goodwill and loyalty
• Fully engage commitment, truly transform emotions at a deep level, and influence others more effectively while maintaining your own energy and drive
• Create and foster a climate for performance within your workplace Workshop Methodology
What is Emotional Intelligence (EQ)?
• The Intelligence of Emotions
• EQ and Leadership
• The Six Seconds Model of EQ-in-Action
Become More Aware of Self and Other People
• How to apply emotional literacy to leadership
• Understand emotional self-awareness
• How to recognize patterns
• Apply proven techniques for improving emotional literacy
Become More Intentional
• Apply techniques for improving consequential thinking
• How to cultivate intrinsic motivation
• Apply techniques for navigating your emotions to achieve your goals
• How to cultivate optimism
Become More Purposeful
• Understand the benefits of empathy
• Tips to increasing empathy
• Finding your purpose and passion
Total course fees :
*Course fees before GST
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
Diploma and above , or
Acquired with at least 2 years of working experience
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
– At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
– Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
– No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
– Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
– Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
– Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.
9. SMF Centre for Corporate Learning Pte Ltd has a Data Protection Policy which provides more information about how we collect, use and disclose your personal data. Please click the link below to know more.
1. The candidate has the right to disagree with the assessment decision made by the assessor.
2. When giving feedback to the candidate, the assessor must check with the candidate if he agrees with the assessment outcome.
3. If the candidate agrees with the assessment outcome, the assessor & the candidate must sign the Assessment Summary Record.
4. If the candidate disagrees with the assessment outcome, he/she should not sign in the Assessment Summary Record.
5. If the candidate intends to appeal the decision, he/she should first discuss the matter with the assessor/assessment manager.
6. If the candidate is still not satisfied with the decision, the candidate must notify the assessor of the decision to appeal. The assessor will reflect the candidate’s intention in the Feedback Section of the Assessment Summary Record.
7. The assessor will notify the assessor manager about the candidate’s intention to lodge an appeal.
8. The candidate must lodge the appeal within 7 days, giving reasons for appeal together with the appeal fee of $108.00 (inclusive of 8% GST).
9. The assessor can help the candidate with writing and lodging the appeal.
10. The assessment manager will collect information from the candidate & assessor and give a final decision.
11. A record of the appeal and any subsequent actions and findings will be made.
12. An Assessment Appeal Panel will be formed to review and give a decision.
13. The outcome of the appeal will be made known to the candidate within 2 weeks from the date the appeal was lodged.
14. The decision of the Assessment Appeal Panel is final and no further appeal will be entertained.
15. Please click the link below to fill up the Candidates Appeal Form.